Swift Programming Language
Swift is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm, compiled programming language developed by Apple Inc. for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux. Swift is designed to work with Apple’s Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks and the large body of extant Objective-C (ObjC) code written for Apple products. Swift is intended to be more resilient to erroneous code (“safer”) than Objective-C, and more concise.
1. Swift Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (2nd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
Through the authors’ carefully constructed explanations and examples, you will develop an understanding of Swift grammar and the elements of effective Swift style. This book is written for Swift 3.0 and will also show you how to navigate Xcode 8 and get the most out of Apple’s documentation.
Throughout the book, the authors share their insights into Swift to ensure that you understand the hows and whys of Swift and can put that understanding to use in different contexts.
After working through the book, you will have the knowledge and confidence to develop your own solutions to a wide range of programming challenges using Swift.
2. iOS Apps for Masterminds, 2nd Edition: How to take advantage of Swift 3 to create insanely great apps for iPhones and iPads
Learn how to create apps for iPhones and iPads with Swift 3, Xcode 8, and the new APIs introduced with iOS 10. With more than 800 pages, this book will teach you everything you need to know to create an application, from basic concepts of computer programming to how to control the most advanced technologies available in Apple devices.
This book is a complete course that will teach you how to build insanely great applications from scratch.
iOS Apps for Masterminds leads the reader step by step to master the complex subjects required to create applications for iPhones and iPads. After reading this book, you will know how to program in Swift, how to design user interfaces, and how to work with the most powerful frameworks available for the construction of modern applications.
3. Beginning iPhone Development with Swift 3: Exploring the iOS SDK
In this third edition of the best selling book, you’ll learn how to integrate all the interface elements iOS users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders. You’ll master a variety of design patterns, from the simplest single view to complex hierarchical drill-downs.
What You Will Learn:
- Everything you need to know to develop your own bestselling iPhone and iPad apps
- Utilizing Swift playgrounds
- Best practices for optimizing your code and delivering great user experiences
- What data persistence is, and why it’s important
- Get started with building cool, crisp user interfaces
- How to display data in Table Views
- How to draw to the screen using Core Graphics
- How to use iOS sensor capabilities to map your world
- How to get your app to work with iCloud and more
4. Programming: Learn the Fundamentals of Computer Programming Languages (Swift, C++, C#, Java, Coding, Python, Hacking, programming tutorials)
Become A Programming Master By Learning These Fundamentals Languages Discover the secret right here, right now ! Have you ever wanted to become a programmer ? If you answered “yes”, this book is made for you. You will learn the most popular computer languages to make any program you want. Here is what’s inside: An introduction of what a program really is How to use popular languages such as C+, Java, Python.. A lot of programs examples that you can do right now!
Marc Rawen, the author of this book, will guide you each step of the way. This is your chance create any program you want. So start your training now and achieve the goals that you have. This book will show you how to do it precisely.
5. Programming iOS 10: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks
If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
All example code is available on GitHub for you to download, study, and run.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple interface screens
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Understand further topics, including files, networking, and threads
6. iOS 10 App Development Essentials: Learn to Develop iOS 10 Apps Using Xcode 8 and Swift 3
iOS 10 App Development Essentials is latest edition of this popular book series and has now been fully updated for the iOS 10 SDK, Xcode 8 and the Swift 3 programming language.
The key new features of iOS 10 and Xcode 8 are also covered in detail, including Swift 3, designing adaptive user interfaces using trait variations, iMessage apps, CloudKit sharing, speech recognition, and SiriKit integration.
The aim of this book, therefore, is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own apps for iOS 10. Assuming you are ready to download the iOS 10 SDK and Xcode 8, have an Intel-based Mac and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.
7. iOS 10 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode IDE, the Cocoa Touch framework, and Swift 3—the latest version of Apple’s acclaimed programming language. With this thoroughly updated guide, you’ll learn Swift’s object-oriented concepts, understand how to use Apple’s development tools, and discover how Cocoa provides the underlying functionality iOS apps need to have.
- Explore Swift’s object-oriented concepts: variables and functions, scopes and namespaces, object types and instances
- Become familiar with built-in Swift types such as numbers, strings, ranges, tuples, Optionals, arrays, dictionaries, and sets
- Learn how to declare, instantiate, and customize Swift object types: enums, structs, and classes
- Discover powerful Swift features such as protocols and generics
- Catch up on Swift 3 innovations: revised APIs, new Foundation bridged types, and more
- Tour the lifecycle of an Xcode project from inception to App Store—including Xcode’s new automatic code signing and debugging features
- Construct app interfaces with the nib editor, Interface Builder
- Understand Cocoa’s event-driven model and its major design patterns and features
- Find out how Swift communicates with Cocoa’s C and Objective-C APIs