SQL Programming Language
SQL is a special-purpose domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system, or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system.
1. SQL: The Ultimate Guide From Beginner To Expert – Learn And Master SQL In No Time!
SQL: The Ultimate Guide From Beginner To Expert – Learn And Master SQL In No Time! is a book that will introduce you to a computer language that has helped so many business owners and information technologists with daily reports and database management without the fear of crashing.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- SQL Basics
- SQL and Data
- Data Functions (Aggregate, Rowset, and Ranking)
- Scalar Functions
- Basics of Building a Table Using SQL
2. SQL in 10 Minutes, Sams Teach Yourself (4th Edition)
With the Fourth Edition of this worldwide bestseller, the book has been thoroughly updated, expanded, and improved. Lessons now cover the latest versions of IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MariaDB, and Apache Open Office Base. And new full-color SQL code listings help the beginner clearly see the elements and structure of the language.
- Use the major SQL statements
- Construct complex SQL statements using multiple clauses and operators
- Retrieve, sort, and format database contents
- Pinpoint the data you need using a variety of filtering techniques
- Use aggregate functions to summarize data
- Join two or more related tables
- Insert, update, and delete data
- Create and alter database tables
- Work with views, stored procedures, and more
- Learn PHP in-depth, along with the basics of object-oriented programming
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the mysqli Extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions, and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser/server communication
- Acquire CSS2 & CSS3 skills for professionally styling your web pages
- Implement all the new HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas
4. Sql Guide (Quickstudy: Computer)
4-page laminated guide includes:
- overview of SQL
- order of operations
5. A Guide to SQL
Huei-Huang Lee provides an effective introduction to SQL programming using straightforward instruction, extensive hands-on exercises, and a strong foundation in real-world business applications. The Ninth Edition builds on the longstanding success of this proven text by presenting basic SQL commands in the context of a running case, in which a business uses SQL to manage orders, items, customers, and sales reps.
6. Murach’s MySQL, 2nd Edition
As a developer with almost 10 years of MySQL experience, I still picked up a lot of new detail on things I thought I knew.
This 2nd Edition has been updated and improved throughout. As a result, it’s easier than ever to use for learning MySQL from scratch, for switching to MySQL from another flavor of SQL (like MS SQL Server or Oracle), or for quickly looking up the forgotten details that are so essential as you develop database applications.
7. PHP and MySQL Web Development (5th Edition) (Developer’s Library)
The final part of this book describes how to approach real-world projects and takes the reader through the design, planning, and building of several projects, including:
- User authentication and personalization
- Web-based email
- Social media integration
8. SQL Queries for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Data Manipulation in SQL (3rd Edition)
The #1 Easy, Common-Sense Guide to SQL Queries—Updated for Today’s Databases, Standards, and Challenges
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals ® has earned worldwide praise as the clearest, simplest tutorial on writing effective SQL queries. The authors have updated this hands-on classic to reflect new SQL standards and database applications and teach valuable new techniques.
Step by step, John L. Viescas and Michael J. Hernandez guide you through creating reliable queries for virtually any modern SQL-based database. They demystify all aspects of SQL query writing, from simple data selection and filtering to joining multiple tables and modifying sets of data.