SharePoint Online delivers the powerful features of SharePoint without the associated overhead of managing the infrastructure on your own. Flexible management options ensure that you still retain the control you need to meet the compliance requirements of your organization. You can purchase SharePoint in the cloud as a standalone offering or as part of an Office 365 suite, where you can also get access to Exchange, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, the Office clients, and web apps.
1. Microsoft SharePoint Online for Office 365: Administering and configuring for the cloud
Deliver world-class collaboration capabilities through the cloud
Use SharePoint Online to provide today’s most advanced collaboration capabilities–without managing your own infrastructure! This concise reference will help you configure and manage SharePoint Online to meet your requirements for functionality, performance, and compliance. Bill English covers user profiles, security, search, records management, App Catalogs, metrics, and more–to derive maximum value from SharePoint Online.
- Master the specific skills you need to deploy and run SharePoint Online
- Choose the version of SharePoint Online that is best for you
- Manage profiles, properties, audiences, permissions, policies, and MySite settings
- Use Business Connectivity Services to make SharePoint Online your central hub for all business information
- Make the most of SharePoint search, indexing, and records and document management
- Create and manage security and App Catalogs
- Solve the core issues of governance, risk, compliance, taxonomies, and training
2. SharePoint Online from Scratch: Office 365 SharePoint from basics to advanced
SharePoint Online from Scratch gives hands-on instructions on how to practically make use of a SharePoint tenant for an organization, or parts thereof. It is almost entirely no-code. Even if SharePoint Online from Scratch primarily is a handbook, explanations on how SharePoint works are mixed into the instructions. SharePoint Online is an ever changing platform, so the author’s aim is to give a deeper understanding of how to take advantage of SharePoint at the same time as giving practical advice.
3. From IT Pro to Cloud Pro Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online
Whether you are an IT administrator, developer, or architect, cloud technologies are transforming your role. This guide brings together the knowledge you need to transition smoothly to Microsoft Office 365 cloud-only and hybrid environments. Microsoft MVP Ben Curry and leading cloud architect Brian Laws present specific, up-to-date guidance on administering key cloud technologies, including Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure AD, and OneDrive for Business.
Microsoft cloud technology experts Ben Curry and Brian Laws show you how to:
- Anticipate and respond to the ways cloud technologies change your responsibilities, such as scripting key management tasks via Windows PowerShell
- Understand today’s new mix of essential “Cloud Pro” skills related to infrastructure, scripting, security, and networking
- Master modern cloud administration for Office 365 cloud and hybrid environments to deliver content and services, any time, on any device, from anywhere, and across organizational boundaries
- Administer and configure SharePoint Online, including services, site collections, and hybrid features
- Help secure client devices via Mobile Device Management for Office 365
- Centrally manage user profiles, groups, apps, and social features
- Bridge Office 365 and on-premises environments to share identities and data
- Enforce governance, security, and compliance
4. Microsoft Office 365 Administration Inside Out
Dive into Office 365 administration—and really put your systems expertise to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. Discover how the experts tackle deployment, configuration, and management—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Simplify enterprise deployment with planning tools and tasks
- Automate Office 365 processes with Windows PowerShell
- Manage user identity with Active Directory and Single Sign-On
- Monitor and maintain the health of Office 365 with Microsoft System Center
- Implement Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online
- Control variables in an Exchange Server hybrid implementation
- Customize and deploy Office 365 Professional Plus
- Explore real-world scenarios and apply insider management tips
For Intermediate to Advanced IT Professionals
5. Office 365 for IT Pros: Third Edition Kindle Edition
Master Microsoft Office 365 like a pro. Office 365 for IT Pros, 3rd Edition is essential reading if you want to maximize your use of Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud services, and keep your knowledge up to date. This is the only Office 365 book available today that is constantly refreshed and updated with new information. You will receive regular updates that keep pace with developments in Office 365, which means that Office 365 for IT Pros remains a valuable reference for you long after you first read it.
Original published on June 1, 2016, Office 365 for IT Pros, 3rd Edition was last updated on October 24, 2016. Since its launch, we have added over 50 pages of new content to the book to reflect the fast-moving nature of the development cadence within Office 365.