SharePoint Server 2016 is a collaboration environment that organizations of all sizes can use to increase the efficiency of business processes. Sites provide environments that administrators can configure to provide personalized access to documents and other information. Search features enable users to find content efficiently regardless of the physical location of data.
1. Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Step by Step
Get productive fast with SharePoint 2016, and jump in wherever you need answers: brisk lessons and colorful screen shots show you exactly what to do, step by step – and practice files help you build your skills. Fully updated for today’s powerful new version of SharePoint, Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Step by Step shows you how to do all this:
- Customize your team site’s layout, features, and apps
- Manage and share ideas, documents, and data
- Capture and organize content into lists and libraries
- Automate business processes with built-in workflows
- Use social features to communicate and collaborate
- Work with SharePoint’s business intelligence features
- Publish content using enhanced web content management
- Use SharePoint with Excel, Access, Outlook, and Lync
2. SharePoint 2016 For Dummies
Written in plain English and free of intimidating jargon, this friendly, accessible guide starts out by showing you just what SharePoint 2016 is, translating the terminology, and explaining the tools. Then it helps you create a site, work with apps, and master basic SharePoint administration. Next, you’ll learn to use SharePoint 2016 to get social, go mobile, manage content, and connect with others through working with Office 365, archiving documents, developing workflows, and so much more.
Whether you’re new to SharePoint 2016 or new to SharePoint altogether, SharePoint 2016 For Dummies is the fast and painless way to get a site up and running, branded, and populated with content. Plus, this new edition adds the need-to-know information for administrators, techsumers, and page admins who want to leverage the cloud-based features online, either as a standalone product or in conjunction with an existing SharePoint infrastructure.
- Get up to speed with SharePoint 2016 and take advantage of new features
- Set up and effectively manage your SharePoint site
- Use SharePoint 2016 in the Cloud with SharePoint Online
- Leverage SharePoint 2016 capabilities to drive business value
3. Deploying SharePoint 2016
This book shows you how to install, configure, and maintain the latest release of Microsoft’s popular SharePoint Server, SharePoint 2016. This latest version brings with it many changes for IT professionals. Read Deploying SharePoint 2016 to find out how to create a performant and stable SharePoint environment for your company.
What You’ll Learn:
- Steps to install SharePoint Server 2016, both using the user interface provided by Microsoft, and by using PowerShell.
- Understand your authentication options and associated security considerations.
- Deploy add-ins, either from the store, or from your own custom app catalog.
- Configure Search Service Application using either the provided UI or PowerShell.
- Configure business intelligence components such as Excel Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and PowerPivot.
- Steps to migrate to SharePoint Server 2016 from either SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013.
- Understand approaches to high availability, disaster recovery, patching, and ways to monitor and maintain your SharePoint 2016 deployment once it’s up and running.
4. SharePoint 2016 Search Explained
SharePoint 2016 and Office 365 Search On-Premises, Cloud and SharePoint 2016 comes with major changes in how Search works, including a new and enhanced Hybrid Search model. Regardless of whether your organization is on-premises only or in the cloud with some content and/or applications, this book will help you create a search strategy when considering SharePoint 2016. World-renowned consultant and author Agnes Molnar helps you plan and implement a SharePoint 2016 / Office 365 search environment that meets the needs of your business.
5. Building a SharePoint 2016 Home Lab: A How-To Reference on Simulating a Realistic SharePoint Testing Environment
This book is a step-by-step guide to building your own SharePoint farm in a home lab setting. Learn how to build a windows domain and then join servers into the domain in order to create your own testing and learning environment. After you get the domain stood up, where you go from there is up to you.
If you’re not a SharePoint professional and are just looking to create a working windows domain for other purposes; the home-lab domain that you’ll create will work great for Exam preparation for non-SharePoint purposes. You could even use this book for learning how to install Exchange Server.
Here are just some of the tasks you’ll complete in easy to follow exercises:
- Create a windows domain and a certificate authority, so that you can run SharePoint on SSL
- Join servers to the domain and configure other technology on the member servers as needed
- Install SQL Server, and correctly partition the server in accordance with best practices
- Install and configure a SharePoint farm
- Spin up Host Named Site Collections (HNSC’s)
- Install and configure Visual Studio
6. SharePoint 2016 User’s Guide: Learning Microsoft’s Business Collaboration Platform
Learn how to make the most of SharePoint 2016 and its wide range of capabilities to support your information management, collaboration, and business process management needs. Whether you are using SharePoint as an intranet or business solution platform, you will learn how to use the resources (such as lists, libraries, and sites) and services (such as search, workflow, and social) that make up these environments. In the fifth edition of this bestselling book, author Tony Smith walks you through the components and capabilities that make up a SharePoint 2016 environment. He provides step-by-step instructions for using and managing these elements, as well as recommendations for how to get the best out of them.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create and use common SharePoint resources like lists, libraries, sites, pages and web parts
- Understand when and how workflows and information management policies can be used to automate process
- Learn how to take advantage of records retention, management, and disposition
- Making the most out of SharePoint search services
- How to take advantage of social capabilities to create social solutions
7. Exam Ref 70-339 Managing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
Direct from Microsoft, this Exam Ref is the official study guide for the new Microsoft 70-339 Core Technologies of Microsoft SharePoint 2016 certification exam. It offers professional-level preparation that helps candidates maximize their exam performance and sharpen their skills on the job.
Microsoft Exam Ref publications stand apart from third-party study guides because they:
- Provide guidance from Microsoft, the creator of Microsoft certification exams
- Target IT professional-level exam candidates with content focused on their needs, not “one-size-fits-all content
- Streamline study by organizing material according to the exam’s objective domain (OD), covering one functional group and its objectives in each chapter
- Feature Thought Experiments to guide candidates through a set of “what if?” scenarios, and prepare them more effectively for Pro-level style exam questions
- Explore big picture thinking around the planning and design aspects of the IT pro’s job role