Ruby Programming Language
Ruby is a dynamic, reflective, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. It was designed and developed in the mid-1990s by Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto in Japan.
1. Ruby on Rails Tutorial: Learn Web Development with Rails (4th Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
Ruby on Rails™ Tutorial by Michael Hartl has become a must-read for developers learning how to build Rails apps. — Peter Cooper, Editor of Ruby Inside
Best-selling author and leading Rails developer Michael Hartl teaches Rails by guiding you through the development of three example applications of increasing sophistication.
This book will help you
- Install and set up your Rails development environment, including pre-installed integrated development environment (IDE) in the cloud
- Go beyond generated code to truly understand how to build Rails applications from scratch
- Learn testing and test-driven development (TDD)
- Effectively use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Structure applications using the REST architecture
- Build static pages and transform them into dynamic ones
- Master the Ruby programming skills all Rails developers need
- Create high-quality site layouts and data models
2. Android: App Development & Programming Guide: Learn In A Day! (Android, Rails, Ruby Programming, App Development, Android App Development, Ruby Programming)
#1 Best Seller! Now in Paperback!
Can you really create an app in just a day?
Yes, you can! With Android: Programming Guide: Android App Development – Learn in a Day, you’ll learn to create “OMG Andriod”. This app is similar to the “Hello, World” program that many beginners create when learning new computer languages. Soon, you’ll have your very own app that greets you by name!
3. Head First Ruby: A Brain-Friendly Guide
What will you learn from this book?
What’s all the buzz about this Ruby language? Is it right for you? Well, ask yourself: are you tired of all those extra declarations, keywords, and compilation steps in your other language? Do you want to be a more productive programmer? Then you’ll love Ruby. With this unique hands-on learning experience, you’ll discover how Ruby takes care of all the details for you, so you can simply have fun and get more done with less code.
Why does this book look so different?
Based on the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory, Head First Ruby uses a visually rich format to engage your mind, rather than a text-heavy approach to put you to sleep. Why waste your time struggling with new concepts? This multi-sensory learning experience is designed for the way your brain really works.
4. Raspberry Pi 3: 2016 User Guide
The goal of this book is to get you up and running with your Raspberry Pi 3 as soon as you take it out of the box. Here’s an idea of what you’ll find inside this book:
- What is the Raspberry Pi 3?
- How is it different from the other Raspberry Pi Models?
- How is it the same as previous models?
- What operating system should I install? What if I am a beginner?
- How do I access the software?
- How do I connect to the internet?
- I heard that it is good for project involving the Internet of Things – what does that mean?
- I have a Raspberry Pi 3, but is there anything else I need? Do I need a monitor and keyboard? What about WiFi? Does it have enough power? Can I plug four USB devices in it and it still work properly?
- I want to build my own circuits. What should I get? Are kits good investments for beginners?
- What is GPIO and what does it mean to me?
- How can I used Mathematica or Python to control the GPIO?
- How do I access Mathematica or Python to start running my own programs?
- What are some really good online resources as I continue my journey?
5. Learn Ruby On Rails For Web Development: Learn Rails The Fast And Easy Way!
Learning Ruby on Rails has never been this fast and easy, or fun!
Veteran Codemy.com programmer John Elder walks you step by step through the ins and outs of Rails for Web Development. Written for the absolute beginner, you don’t need any programming experience to dive in and get started with this book.
Follow along as John builds a Pinterest-style website from start to finish that allows people to sign up, log in and out, edit their profile, upload images to the database and style those images on the screen.
By the end, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a professional Ruby on Rails coder!
6. Regular Expression Pocket Reference: Regular Expressions for Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, C, Java and .NET (Pocket Reference (O’Reilly))
This concise and easy-to-use reference puts a very powerful tool for manipulating text and data right at your fingertips. Composed of a mixture of symbols and text, regular expressions can be an outlet for creativity, for brilliant programming, and for the elegant solution. Regular Expression Pocket Reference offers an introduction to regular expressions, pattern matching, metacharacters, modes and constructs, and then provides separate sections for each of the language APIs, with complete regex listings including:
- Supported metacharacters for each language API
- Regular expression classes and interfaces for Ruby, Java, .NET, and C#
- Regular expression operators for Perl 5.8
- Regular expression module objects and functions for Python
- Pattern-matching functions for PHP and the vi editor
- Unicode Support for each of the languages
7. Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer
The Complete Guide to Writing More Maintainable, Manageable, Pleasing, and Powerful Ruby Applications
This guide will help you:
- Understand how object-oriented programming can help you craft Ruby code that is easier to maintain and upgrade
- Decide what belongs in a single Ruby class
- Avoid entangling objects that should be kept separate
- Define flexible interfaces among objects
- Reduce programming overhead costs with duck typing
- Successfully apply inheritance
- Build objects via composition
- Design cost-effective tests
- Solve common problems associated with poorly designed Ruby code