Objective-C Programming Language
Objective-C is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language that adds Smalltalk-style messaging to the C programming language. It was the main programming language used by Apple for the OS X and iOS operating systems, and their respective application programming interfaces (APIs) Cocoa and Cocoa Touch prior to the introduction of Swift.
1. iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (6th Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
Updated for Xcode 8, Swift 3, and iOS 10, iOS Programming
The Big Nerd Ranch Guide leads you through the essential concepts, tools, and techniques for developing iOS applications. After completing this book, you will have the know-how and the confidence you need to tackle iOS projects of your own. Based on Big Nerd Ranch’s popular iOS training and its well-tested materials and methodology, this bestselling guide teaches iOS concepts and coding in tandem. The result is instruction that is relevant and useful.
2. Objective C: Crash Course – The Ultimate Beginner’s Course to Learning Objective C Programming in Under 12 Hours
Welcome to the Ultimate Crash Course on Objective C!
In here, you’ll find tons of useful exercises and tasks that will take your Objective C skills (and overall, your whole programming skills) to a whole new level. You’ll experience in first person how simple and entertaining Objective C can be! This book will assist you not only to develop and improve your skills, but most importantly, it will help you unlock the joy learning a new programming language can unexpectedly bring. You can be sure of that!
3. Objective-C for Absolute Beginners: iPhone, iPad and Mac Programming Made Easy
Using a hands-on approach, you’ll learn how to think in programming terms, how to use Objective-C to construct program logic, and how to synthesize it all into working apps. Gary Bennett, an experienced app developer and trainer, will guide you on your journey to becoming a successful app developer. If you’re looking to take the first step towards App Store success, Objective-C for Absolute Beginners, Third edition is the place to start.
What You Will Learn:
- The fundamentals of computer programming: how to understand variables, design data structures, and work with file systems
4. Programming iOS 10: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks
If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
All example code is available on GitHub for you to download, study, and run.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple interface screens
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Understand further topics, including files, networking, and threads
5. iOS 10 App Development Essentials: Learn to Develop iOS 10 Apps with Xcode 8 and Swift 3
iOS 10 App Development Essentials is latest edition of this popular book series and has now been fully updated for the iOS 10 SDK, Xcode 8 and the Swift 3 programming language.
The key new features of iOS 10 and Xcode 8 are also covered in detail, including Swift 3, designing adaptive user interfaces using trait variations, iMessage apps, CloudKit sharing, speech recognition, and SiriKit integration.
The aim of this book, therefore, is to teach you the skills necessary to build your own apps for iOS 10. Assuming you are ready to download the iOS 10 SDK and Xcode 8, have an Intel-based Mac and ideas for some apps to develop, you are ready to get started.