HTML & CSS
CSS is the language for describing the presentation of Web pages, including colors, layout, and fonts. It allows one to adapt the presentation to different types of devices, such as large screens, small screens, or printers.
1. HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
Learn how to use the latest techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises to help you to learn various techniques, and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.
This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels, whether you’re a beginner or brushing up on existing skills.
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you can do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
- Create and optimize web graphics so they’ll download as quickly as possible
4. A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn it faster. Remember it longer. (Volume 2)
The ultimate learn-by-doing approach.
Short chapters are paired with free interactive online exercises to teach the fundamentals of HTML and CSS. Written for beginners, useful for experienced developers who want to sharpen their skills. Prepares the reader to code a website of medium complexity. The learner spends two to three times as long practicing as he does reading.
Based on cognitive research showing that retention increases 400 percent when learners are challenged to retrieve the information they just read. Explanations are in plain, nontechnical English that people of all backgrounds can readily understand. With ample coding examples and illustrations.
5. New Perspectives on HTML and CSS: Comprehensive
New Perspectives on HTML and CSS provides thorough instruction on building interactive Web sites from scratch. In addition to providing comprehensive coverage of HTML and CSS, this book does not require any prior knowledge on the subject and starts with the basics. Detailed explanations of key concepts and skills make even complex topics accessible to all level of learners. New Perspectives’ signature case scenarios and case problems contextualize complex concepts.
You can develop your problem solving skills by working through realistic exercises, which will help you retain the material and apply what you’ve learned in a professional environment.
6. CSS Secrets: Better Solutions to Everyday Web Design Problems
In this practical guide, CSS expert Lea Verou provides 47 undocumented techniques and tips to help intermediate-to advanced CSS developers devise elegant solutions to a wide range of everyday web design problems.
Inspired by her popular talks at over 60 international web development conferences, Lea Verou provides a wealth of information for topics including:
- Backgrounds and Borders
- Visual Effects
- User Experience
- Structure and Layout
- Transitions and Animations
7. CSS: The Missing Manual
This fully updated edition provides the most modern and effective tips, tricks, and tutorial-based instruction on CSS available today. Learn how to use new tools such as Flexbox and Sass to build web pages that look great and run fast on any desktop or mobile device. Ideal for casual and experienced designers alike.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers
- Design for mobile devices. Create web pages that look great when visitors use them on the go.
- Make your pages work for you. Add animations that capture the imagination, and forms that get the job done.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts more flexible. Design websites with Flexbox that adjust to different devices and screen sizes.
- Work more efficiently. Write less CSS code and work with smaller files, using Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets (Sass).
HTML5 web applications are now capable of matching or exceeding the scale and sophistication of desktop applications, but with the unique advantage of running natively inside the web browsers on billions of desktop computers, phones, TVs and tablets.
This book is not a simple introduction to the subject matter: it guides you through the process of building a feature-rich web application. The application begins simple, and becomes gradually more complex as additional APIs and features are introduced.
This book is intended for anyone with at least a superficial knowledge of HTML and programming (in any language).
9. Learn CSS in One Day and Learn It Well (Includes HTML5): CSS for Beginners with Hands-on Project. The only book you need to start coding in CSS … Coding Fast with Hands-On Project) (Volume 2)
Have you always wanted to learn HTML and CSS but are afraid it’ll be too difficult for you? Or perhaps you are a blogger who wants to tweak your blog’s design without having to spend money on an expensive theme?
This book is for you.
You no longer have to waste your time and money learning HTML and CSS from lengthy books, expensive online courses or complicated tutorials. Nor do you have to spend money buying expensive website themes. There are tons of free CSS templates online that you can download and modify to build your own website IF you know HTML and CSS.
The Computer Programming Quick Start Guide.