C# Programming Language
C# is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing, imperative, declarative, functional, generic, object-oriented (class-based), and component-oriented programming disciplines. It was developed by Microsoft within its .NET initiative and later approved as a standard by Ecma and ISO. C# is one of the programming languages designed for the Common Language Infrastructure.
1. Learn C# in One Day and Learn It Well: C# for Beginners with Hands-on Project (Learn Coding Fast with Hands-On Project) (Volume 3)
Have you always wanted to learn computer programming but are afraid it’ll be too difficult for you? Or perhaps you know other programming languages but are interested in learning the C# language fast?
This book is for you. You no longer have to waste your time and money learning C# from boring books that are 600 pages long, expensive online courses or complicated C# tutorials that just leave you more confused.
- C# for Beginners
- Carefully Chosen C# Examples
- Careful selection of topics
- Learn The C# Programming Language Fast
2. The C# Player’s Guide (2nd Edition)
The C# Player’s Guide (2nd Edition) is the ultimate guide for people starting out with C#, whether you are new to programming, or an experienced vet. This guide takes you from your journey’s beginning, through the most challenging parts of programming in C#, and does so in a way that is casual, informative, and fun.
This version of the book is updated for C# 6.0, .NET 4.6, and Visual Studio 2015:
- Get off the ground quickly, with a gentle introduction to C#, Visual Studio, and a step-by-step walkthrough and explanation of how to make your first C# program.
- Learn the fundamentals of procedural programming, including variables, math operations, decision making, looping, methods, and an in-depth look at the C# type system.
- Delve into object-oriented programming, from start to finish, including inheritance, polymorphism, interfaces, and generics.
- Explore some of the most useful advanced features of C#, and take on some of the most common tasks that a programmer will tackle.
- Learn to control the tools and tricks of programming in C#, including the .NET framework, dealing with compiler errors, and hunting down bugs in your program.
- Master the needed skills by taking on a large collection of Try It Out! challenges, to ensure that you’ve learned the things you need to.
3. C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Framework
This new 7th edition of Pro C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Platform has been completely revised and rewritten to reflect the latest changes to the C# language specification and new advances in the .NET Framework. You’ll find new chapters covering all the important new features that make .NET 4.6 the most comprehensive release yet.
What You Will Learn:
- Be the first to understand the .NET 4.6 platform and C# 6.
- Discover the ins and outs of the leading .NET technology.
- Learn from an award-winning author who has been teaching the .NET world since version 1.0.
- Find complete coverage of XAML, .NET 4.6 and Visual Studio 2015 together with discussion of the new Windows Runtime.
4. Starting out with Visual C# (4th Edition)
Clear, friendly, and approachable, this Fourth Edition of Starting Out With Visual C# is an ideal beginning text for readers with no programming experience. Detailed walk-throughs and a readable, comprehensible style make the text inviting to new programmers, while numerous practical example programs highlight the most important programming topics. Gaddis’s detailed, step-by-step instructions teach a GUI-based approach that motivates readers with familiar graphical elements.
5. Visual C# How to Program (6th Edition) (Deitel Series)
Created by world-renowned programming instructors Paul and Harvey Deitel, Visual C# How to Program, Sixth Edition introduces students to the world of desktop, mobile and web app development with Microsoft’s® Visual C#® programming language. Students will use .NET platform and the Visual Studio® Integrated Development Environment to write, test, and debug applications and run them on a wide variety of Windows® devices.
6. Murach’s C# 2015
This core C# book has been a favorite of developers ever since the 1st edition came out in 2004. So you can be sure that this 6th edition will deliver the professional skills you’re looking for.
It’s a self-paced book that shows how to use Visual Studio 2015, C# 6.0, and the .NET 4.6 classes to develop Windows Forms applications…whether you’re new to programming or not. It’s an object-oriented book that shows how to use business classes, inheritance, and interfaces the way they’re used in the real world. It’s a data programming book that shows how to create professional database applications using data sources, ADO.NET code, and the Entity Framework, as well as how to use LINQ to query data structures, from collections to arrays to datasets.
7. Microsoft Visual C# Step by Step (8th Edition) (Developer Reference)
Expand your expertise and teach yourself the fundamentals of programming with the latest version of Visual C# with Visual Studio 2015
Discover how to:
8. C# 6.0 in a Nutshell: The Definitive Reference
Organized around concepts and use cases, this thoroughly updated sixth edition provides intermediate and advanced programmers with a concise map of C# and .NET knowledge. Dive in and discover why this Nutshell guide is considered the definitive reference on C#.
- Get up to speed with all aspects of the C# language, from the basics of syntax and variables, to advanced topics such as pointers and operator overloading
- Dig deep into LINQ via three chapters dedicated to the topic
- Learn about dynamic, asynchronous, and parallel programming
- Work with .NET features, including XML, networking, serialization, reflection, security, application domains, and code contracts
- Explore the new C# 6.0 compiler-as-a-service, Roslyn
9. C#: Programming Basics for Absolute Beginners (Step-By-Step C#) (Volume 1)
This guidebook is going to help you to learn everything that you need to know about working with C#. With practical examples and step-by-step explanations, you will be able to not only analyze code, but write your very own. No matter your skill level, this guidebook will get you coding in no time!
What You Will Learn Inside:
- Basics of the C# language.
- Writing your very first lines code.
- Variables and data types in C#.
- The various operators and how to use each.
- Conditional statements used within C#.
- Defining classes and the functions inside them.
- Creating and using objects.
- And much, much more.
10. C# 6 for Programmers (6th Edition) (Deitel Developer Series)
Paul Deitel and Harvey Deitel are the founders of Deitel & Associates, Inc., the internationally recognized programming languages authoring and corporate training organization. Millions of people worldwide have used Deitel textbooks, professional books, LiveLessons™ video products, e-books, resource centers and REVEL™ interactive multimedia courses with integrated labs and assessment to master major programming languages and platforms, including C#, C++, C, Java™, Android™ app development, iOS app development, Swift™, Visual Basic®, Python™ and Internet and web programming.
Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, C# 6 for Programmers applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores Microsoft’s C# 6 and .NET in depth. Concepts are presented in the context of 170+ fully coded and tested apps, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs, program outputs and hundreds of savvy software-development tips.